Freedom Knitting

I feel like I've been in a constant state of limbo most of the year with my knitting and pattern writing. 

Because of a serious lack of communication from a certain yarn company (that I'm not so fond of anymore), I always had to make sure I wasn't committing to or concentrating on much just in case  today I'd get the email to say it's all go and I have 8 weeks to write and knit two complicated patterns (if only they had let me know - way back in March - what yarn to design for!)

Little Plum Yarn Supertwist Sport in Mocha

But the freedom I'm feeling now it's all done and over makes me love knitting again!  (I'd started to loose the love for it, I suppose that's what happens when it's a have to.)

Little Plum Yarn Supertwist Sport in Peony

Even though I've been in Pattern-Writing Limbo, I've still been planning new designs to work on as soon as I could. 

And buying yarn to knit them with!

Olive & Emma 4ply Merino in Cade with Trim

So now I've just cast on to make a variation of this pattern:

That's my Little Man at just 6 days old - he turned 6 weeks old yesterday and not really fitting this cardy anymore!

I'm making a few changes to make it a little more quirky and funky.  I can't wait to show you the finished knit!  (I'm using the grey and brown yarn above which is a made-for-me colourway from Olive & Emma. It's looking gorgeous so far!)


Joining in with the other creative folk at My Creative Space.


Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

4 comments:

  1. I saw that yarn pop up today on my facebook feed and fell in love with it. Your little man looks adorable in the little cardi and I'm glad to here that you have found your love of knitting again. (If you need a test knitter and the pattern will fit a 4 year old I will throw my hand in the air for you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cardi on your gorgeous baby boy, love the pattern. Just came across your blog from Creative space, I have only started knitting this year after sewing for more than 10 years.
    I see you have just had a baby boy after 3 girls, as so have I, mine is 8 weeks old, and I have 3 girls similar ages to yours although my twins are 10 and then I have one who is 6 too.
    Enjoy your baby again, as you know it just flies by but such a wonderful time
    Ren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Amber! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardy is very cute... especially on your wee man! Good luck with your knitting :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...