Exciting News #2

4:36 PM , 0 Comments

Ever heard of Three Irish Girls?

It's a yarn dyeing company based in the States and I love the way Sharon, the owner/dyer-extrodinaire, has it set up.  You get to pick from a choice of yarn bases and have it dyed in a choice of colourways.  And I mean a choice!

There are currently 14 different yarn bases to choose from, ranging from fingering weight to bulky, including superwash, non-superwash, sock and even a silk merino yarn!  And there are currently 84 (yes, I counted them!) different colourways to choose from, including semi-solids and variegated.  How do you choose with that much choice!?

Doesn't the photography just make you want to buy some?
Colourway details here.

So, why am I telling you all this?  Well, it's because sometime at the end of last year I saw a call out for design submissions to be included in their new 'Lookbook' (a publication that showcases their new colourways including a range of patterns that are available for purchase through their website - click the link to browse through the last one, it's gorgeous!)  And can you guess what I did?

Yep, I submitted a design!  But not just one, I submitted three and two of them were accepted!  So more crazy deadline-designing/knitting will ensue.

Though I won't be able to tell you anything about the designs (I can say that they're children designs and one is a girl pattern and the other is a boy/unisex pattern) until the new Lookbook is released.  Or even show you the yarn when it arrives as it will be a new colourway!  I think the Lookbook will be released sometime around or after July, so I will let you know about it all then.




PS.  Don't forget to check back for the last instalment of 'Exciting News' coming soon!

Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...