They Call Me Crazy

Actually, the more polite word patient is used, but I know they really mean crazy.

Because I specialize in re-knitting the same thing over and over.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and, especially when designing, like it to be just right even if it means doing something several times until it is.

If you've been reading here for a while you might remember my top with five sleeves.

And, the observant among you might also have noticed a slight difference between the pockets on the first

and finished

pictures of the Billy I've been working on.  (Yes, they're a little bigger in the second picture.  But I won't say how many times I redid that section - mainly because I didn't count!  And, yes, it really does matter, it looks so much better now.)

And now I'm doing it again.


This jersey used to be a different jersey.
An almost-finished, just-have-to-do-the-sleeves jersey.

Then I decided that the idea of working two sleeves in mostly purl really didn't appeal.  And I wanted to make a jersey version of Billy for one of the girls but didn't have enough yarn in one colour.

So I just undid the cast off, cast on the new jersey and unravelled as I knit!


At least this way I should be able to tell when I'm at the right length.  The first jersey was worked in the same manner (raglan, top-down) to a good length so when I run out of yarn this jersey should be ready to cast off at the perfect length too!

Though, I am hoping that I've got the placement of the kangaroo-pocket right first time so I don't have to go back and redo that.

For more crafty kinds go here.




Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

2 comments:

  1. Your knitting is so detail and they're so warm and with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am looking for the photo tutorial about the pocket construction, where can I find it? Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...