Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3...

9:51 PM , 1 Comments

With my latest design finally finished, printed and sent off to Hannah at Red Riding Hood Yarns I felt like a little break from the mind-work involved in pattern design.  And what better way to do that than a complete change in focus?


I had noticed that a fellow designer on Ravelry was testing a new skirt pattern.  I had previously tested one of her designs a while ago and really liked it.  But I didn't want to commit to a test while I was still in the process of my own work so didn't offer. 


When my design work was all finished, I checked up on how her testing was progressing and noticed she had no one for sizes 6-8yrs - exactly the size for all my girls!  So I offered to whip one up for her as the girls always love new skirts (and LittleMiss was in need).


And as a change, it's crochet!
I love the clean lines and finished appearance crochet has while you're still working it.

This pattern has been pre-released on Ravelry as the designer, Deanne Ramsay of Addydae Designs, is hosting a CAL (crochet-a-long) in one of the groups I belong to.

So, if you're into crochet and have a little miss of your own to crochet for, join in the CAL and you could win yarny goodies!  Deanne has several designs to choose from too.


PS. Don't forget to enter my 100th post giveaway.  Just scroll down for details or click here.

Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

1 comment:

  1. Geez I am a bit slow, i have just made the connection!! that you created the pattern for RRHY yarn club that i am about to start. I had no idea if you hadnt of mentioned it in this post. Well done I love the vests! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...