Selfish

12:57 AM 0 Comments

knitting, that is.  Something just for me.

A group I belong to on Ravelry is having a KAL (knit-a-long).  It's to knit a sweater/large garment of your choice in Vintage Purls yarn.  A good friend of mine was kind enough to gift me a large skein of lovely lace weight yarn specifically for this KAL.  After a lot of Ravelry searching, (then Google searching to be able to find somewhere to actually buy the magazine the pattern comes in, which was sold out everywhere I looked, until I found you could purchase and download a digital copy from the publishers) I've chosen to do the Geodesic Cardigan.

This will be the first real* garment I've knitted for myself.  It should make a change from all the kid knits I do.  And I'm looking forward to just following a pattern as a break from all the calculating involved in creating my own.  I do really hope the style suits me...




*real - meaning one that will be used.  I have actually knitted myself a jersey before, but it made me look awful so lived in a box forever after.  Chunky yarn and rib does not suit someone that is of 'average' (meaning short and chunky) build.

Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...